Table of Contents
Chana Salad | Chickpea Salad recipe, with all step wise pics, recipe video and important points in this blog.
Chana / Chickpeas
Chickpeas are legumes and a great source of protein. They are called safed chana or kabuli chana in hindi.
Chana or chickpea is a main ingredient of the Mediterranean or Middle eastern food. The famous Middle Eastern dishes Hummus and falafel are made of chana/ chickpea. Chickpea is used in many other cuisines and dishes, like for salads, stews, chana curries, chana chaat, chana masala etc.
Chickpea is a good source of daily nutrition of protein, fiber and other vitamins and minerals and thus is a complete meal in itself. It is a great source of energy and if eaten correctly, it is good for kids and adults, both.
So let’s make a quick, healthy salad recipe with chana/ chickpeas.
This chickpea salad is a great meal time dish or breakfast or rather anytime food option. It is a very very easy to make salad recipe. Basically, it is a dish which needs assembling only.
This chana salad recipe has chickpeas (obviously), lots of various vegetables and an amazing salad dressing.
Generally salads are thought to be boring in taste and not pleasing to look at. But this chickpea salad recipe is such an amazing recipe that you’ll make it very often to fill in your dietary needs and to help in your weight loss journey.
Important Points for Chana Salad
1.Chana – It takes a lot of time to boil chana/ chickpeas. So I recommend you to soak chickpeas at night and then boil them in the morning. This way the boiling time will be less. Also do keep in mind to boil the chana / chickpeas to the point where they do not lose their skin. That is to say, chana / chickpeas should not be mushy after boiling.
2.Vegetables – Wash and cut all the vegetables required for this salad. You can cut the vegetables as you like. You can dice them, chop them or chop them very finely or you can even cut them in thin and long strips.
For choosing the vegetables, you can take any vegetable that can be eaten raw, like cucumber, tomato, onion, carrots, capsicum, bell peppers, radish, beetroot, turnip etc.
3. Salad Dressing – The dressing for this salad is very delicious. It is a mix of some spices, oil and juices.
4.The Crunch factor – This salad is all about fresh vegetables, protein rich chickpeas, spices and a good deal of crunchiness from seeds and nuts. You can be creative here and add as many seeds or nuts as you like.
Some other recipes from my blog and YouTube channel;
- Sabudana Vada / Tapioca Pearl Fritters
- Hara Bhara Kabab recipe
- Easy Bread Snacks/ Cheese Chilli Toast
- Pan Pizza/ Instant and quick recipe
- Easy Breakfast Recipe
- Healthy Oats Pancake
Recipe Video of Chana Salad
I have made a quick video of this Healthy Chana Salad recipe for a better understanding of its process. You can take a look and check all the important steps in just few minutes. Do Subscribe to my YouTube channel “flavourhome by Sutiksha” and press the BELL icon too, so that you get instant recipe updates, as soon as I upload them and also to support my efforts. If you like these videos, kindly like and share them with your family and friends and COMMENT under the video or in blog to let me know how you made this dish.
- Chickpeas – 1 cup, boiled
- Green Capsicum – 1/4 cup, diced
- Yellow Bell Pepper – 1/4 cup, diced
- Red Bell Pepper – 1/4 cup, Diced
- Onion – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Tomato – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Cucumber – 1/4 cup, Diced
- Carrots – 1/4 cup, grated
- Green chilli – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp, chopped
- Green Onion Leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Roasted peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 1 tbsp (optional)
- White Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp, roasted
- Walnuts – 2 tbsp, toasted
For Salad Dressing
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Table Salt – as per taste
- Black Salt – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
1.Take boiled chickpeas in a big bowl. Add all the cut and diced vegetables, green chilli, coriander and roasted peanuts.
2. Take all the ingredients listed for salad dressing and mix them together in a separate small bowl. Mix them nicely and prepare the dressing.
3.Now pour this salad dressing on the chana salad mix that is kept in the big bowl.
4.Add honey and mix everything nicely. You can mix honey with the salad dressing also.
5. Now sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds and walnuts, mix and serve the yummiest ever chickpea salad.
I would love to hear from you if you try out this healthy Chana Salad recipe. Do mention about it in my comments section how you liked it or if you added more ingredients to it. If you make this dish and share its pics on social networking sites, do remember to add #flavourhomebysutiksha and tag me there so that even I can appreciate your efforts. I would love to see how it turned out.
You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to get my blog updates regularly. You can also SUBSCRIBE to my blog to get the new recipes directly in your inbox, “from my palate to yours”.