This Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe, is a 3 ingredients easy recipe for Homemade Ice Cream. It takes only a few minutes to make this ice cream, and then rest of the work our freezer does.
Ice creams are everyone’s favorite, and why not! These deliciously sweet, frozen desserts can be made in any flavors. Just think of your favorite flavour and you can churn a great ice cream with that. But, hey! Weren’t we talking about an easy, 3 ingredients ice Cream recipe?
Well Yes, and that is exactly what we are going to make today. So this Chocolate Ice cream recipe doesn’t require any ice cream maker or any long processes. It is simply the easiest recipe that you can ever get.
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients
This recipe is very easy. It uses heavy cream and condensed milk plus the flavours you want to add in the ice cream. Now that I make ice creams using this recipe, I do not buy ice creams from outside. I really get to play with the flavours I want and everything gets ready in just few minutes and then freeze. How simple and easy can this get?
Heavy Cream – You can use any brand heavy cream. Also known as whipping cream, it has fat content of 35% and more. We need to whip up this cream to stiff peaks to get a smooth and creamy textured ice cream. If you take any other cream with less fat percentage, it won’t whip up to stiff peaks and you might have difficulty in freezing the ice cream.
Condensed Milk – I have used milkmaid condensed milk as it is easily available in my place. You can use condensed milk of any brand. Even homemade condensed milk is good and because the condensed milk is already sweet, we don’t have to add in any sweetener for this chocolate ice cream recipe.
Flavours – For chocolate flavour, I have used Cadbury’s Cocoa Powder. It has a good intense flavour and I like its aroma too. Please feel free to use any cocoa powder you have.
Nuts/ Choco Chips – You can add any roasted nuts or choco chips in this recipe. It is totally optional.
Steps for Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Whipping – In this chocolate Ice cream recipe, the first step is to whip the heavy or whipping cream to stiff peaks. For this, you need to keep the whipping cream out of the freezer for atleast an hour before you start making the ice cream, so that the cream isn’t frozen. it should be chilled but in pourable consistency. Also keep the bowl and your hand blender’s whipping attachments in the freezer to chill them completely.
When you start whipping, start it with the lowest speed and after a minute or two increase the speed to high. You will see that in no time the cream has more than doubled up and is getting light. At this stage, if you want you can add 1 tsp of vinegar to stabilize the cream. Once the cream is at soft peaks stage, beat carefully. Stop whipping once you have reached the stiff peaks stage. I test mine by inverting the bowl and obviously the cream should not fall out.
Mixing – The second step is to mix the condensed milk and flavour. It can be done in two ways.
You can either mix condensed milk and flavour in a separate bowl nicely. And then add in the whipped cream slowly and carefully.
Or you can mix the condensed milk and flavour one by one in the whipped cream. If you follow this way, then please be careful enough not to deflate the whipped cream. Be gentle but thorough. You should check the video below to see how I have mixed these ingredients.
Some other interesting recipes from my blog and You Tube channel ;
- Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- Dhokla (Instant, without curd)
- Crispy Samosa Recipe
- Chiffon Cake
- Best White Bread recipe
- 100% whole wheat bread recipe
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe Video
For a better understanding of the procedure of whipping cream and mixing condensed milk and flavours, I recommend watching this video tutorial. Also, do like, share and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel flavourhome by Sutiksha, to get regular updates of video tutorials of the recipes.
- Whipping Cream – 1 cup
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1.5 – 2 tbsp
- Choco chips / nuts – 2 tbsp (optional)
1.Beat the whipping cream to stiff peaks. For that keep the bowl and whipping blades in freezer half an hour before you start whipping the cream. It will take you about 5-7 minutes to whip up the cream to stiff peaks.
2. Add condensed milk and mix nicely with the help of a spatula. Mix it only in one direction. The condensed milk is heavy and tends to sit at the bottom of the bowl. So you must mix it nicely.
3. Add cocoa powder. You can add 1.5 tbsp to 2 tbsp cocoa powder, as per your taste. As we are mixing a dry ingredient in wet mixture, it must be mixed nicely. If required you may use electric beater in between for few seconds at a time to mix it all. Alternatively, you can mix condensed milk and cocoa powder in a separate bowl and then add a little of whipped cream to it. Next mix everything in the whipped cream slowly and thoroughly.
4. Now add some choco chips or roasted chopped dry fruits for an extra crunchy flavour in the ice cream. Pour this ice cream mixture in a box and decorate with choco chips from top also. You can use any ice cream box/ moulds for freezing this chocolate ice cream or some simple plastic box with lid.
5. Keep it in the freezer for 7-8 hours or overnight, to let the ice cream set nicely. Next morning, scoop out the ice cream and enjoy.
I would love to hear from you if you try this Chocolate Ice cream recipe. Do mention it in my comments section how you liked it or if you made any changes in it. Also if you make this and share on social networking sites, remember to add #flavourhomebysutiksha and tag me there, so that even I can appreciate your efforts.
You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Mix to get my blog updates regularly. You can also SUBSCRIBE to my blog to get the new recipes directly in your inbox, “from my palate to yours”.