Table of Contents
Domino’s Style Garlic bread | Garlic bread is one of the most savoured dish in my home. This Cheese and corn stuffed garlic bread recipe is a detailed and an awesome one. You must not miss making this at your home.
Garlic bread is generally served as an appetizer or starter before meals. Mostly consumed with a pasta and pizza meal, this is indeed favorite of many.
When we talk about Garlic bread, all we can think of is the Domino’s style Garlic bread. A wonderfully flavoured bread, filled with cheese and corns or just butter and herbs…Could an appetizer get any better!!
But that version of Garlic bread isn’t what traditionally this bread is served as. Garlic bread is basically a bread which is topped with olive oil, herbs and garlic and then grilled. The bread mostly used for making Garlic bread is baguette ( a long, French bread).
However, over the years, the Garlic bread version served in Domino’s has been very popular. And so even I thought of trying it at home.
Honestly, my Garlic breads used to be a simple bread slice, topped with cheese and garlic butter, microwaved for a few seconds and that’s it!! It was definitely a quick and easy one but could never satiate the feeling of having the original Domino’s style Garlic bread.
So, when I finally could get my bread recipes right, I decided to try out this one too.
I have amazing recipes of White Bread (APF bread), wholewheat Bread (Brown Bread) and Semolina Bread in my blog and on my YouTube channel too. You must read them out and find out the minutest details of bread baking which you won’t get anywhere. Even beginner’s will be able to bake awesome breads following the info and procedure I have given in these bread recipe articles.
Domino’s Style Garlic bread
Domino’s style Garlic bread is an awesome appetizer. It is very easy to make and so delectable.
My kids love the cheese and corn stuffed version of Domino’s garlic bread.
The outer crust of this bread is crisp and loaded with herbs. The melting Cheese and the garlic and corn flavours with herbs…ummm such heavenly taste!!
To make this bread, the most important thing we need to know is the proper technique of bread baking. I have tried baking this bread in a kadai (wok) on a gas top and it came out awesome that way too.
Important Points for Domino’s Style garlic bread
Flour – I have made this Domino’s Style Garlic bread with APF (all purpose flour). I have not used bread flour in any of my bread recipes as I always look out for using such ingredients in my recipes that are easily available to all. However, you can definitely use bread flour if you get it.
Yeast – It is an important ingredient for any bread. A good quality yeast and a proper proofing of it the key for a good and light bread texture. Please make sure that the yeast you are using is active and is proofing well before you start making this bread. If the yeast is old and not proofing well then the bread will not rise and will be dense.
Use good warm water for proofing yeast and you can add sugar or shakkar (jaggery powder) for feeding the yeast.
Kneading the Dough – For any bread, kneading the dough is very important. A minimum of 15-20 mins of kneading with hands or 12-15 min of kneading in a stand mixer or by hand mixer is a must. This will be the only work you will be doing in this recipe, so do it correctly. And NO, you can not skip kneading the dough, if you want a good bread.
I have made this garlic bread in a little different manner and have added some herbs in the dough itself. It definitely came out super delicious.
Cheese – I have used a mix of Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese for stuffing in this Domion’s Style garlic bread. You can use processed cheese too and even a little of white sauce, if you want. Mozzarella cheese gives the awesome texture of a good cheese pull. But if you do not have these cheese, do not worry. You can still get the awesome cheesy flavour by using some white sauce in the bread.
Garlic – I have used a good amount of garlic in this bread. I love the garlic flavour so I went a little over board with it. You can use it as per your taste but please do not skip it. This is a Garlic bread and should essentially have garlic in it, makes sense, right??
Herbs – Another distinct flavor in this Domino’s Style Garlic Bread is that of the mixed Italian herbs. It takes the flavour of garlic bread to another level and gives the taste of a proper Garlic Bread bought from the Domino’s outlet.
Corns – I have used frozen sweet corns to fill in this bread. I have boiled them and let them cool to the room temperature before using them.
Coriander – As I was making this bread at home, I took the liberty to add some chopped fresh green coriander. You can skip this if you wish too.
Some other interesting recipes from my blog and YouTube channel;
- Red Velvet Cake with Homemade Cream Cheese Recipe
- Rasmalai Cake
- Gulab Jamun Cake
- Soya Kebabs
- Crunchy, Market style Samosa
- Chiffon Cake (best Sponge Cake)
Recipe Video of Domino’s Style Garlic bread
I have made a small video of this Garlic bread for a better understanding of the recipe. You can take a look and check all the important points like kneading of the dough and how to proof the yeast. Do Subscribe to my YouTube channel “flavourhome by Sutiksha” to get instant recipe updates as soon as I upload them. Also if you like these videos, do like and share them with your family and friends.
- Milk – 1/4 cup (warm)
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Dry Active yeast – 1/2 tsp
- APF or refined flour (maida) – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Mixed herbs – 1 tsp + 2-3 tsp
- Garlic – 1/2 tbsp (grated) + 2-3 tsp (chopped)
- Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese mix – 1/2 cup
- Sweet Corn – 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Fresh Coriander – 3-4 tbsp (chopped)
- Chilli flakes – 1-2 tsp + 1 tsp
- butter – 3-4 tbsp
- Warm water – as reqd
- Oil for greasing
1.Take warm milk and add sugar and yeast in it. Mix it, cover and keep it in a warm place for proofing for about 10-15 min. If it’s foaming up well after 15 min, then proceed to next steps. If not, then discard this mixture and make a new yeast mix.
2. Take flour, salt, 1 tsp mixed herbs and 1/2 tbsp grated garlic in a bowl. Mix them well. Add the yeast water and make a sticky dough. Use warm water as and when required. The dough will be sticky in the beginning but as you will start kneading it, after some time it will start to look like a proper dough. Knead it for 15-20 min.
3. Grease a bowl and keep the dough in it, cover it and keep in a warm place for about 1-2 hours or until double in size for first proofing. The time taken for the dough to double up, might vary as per the weather conditions at your place.
4. Once the dough is doubled up, take it out and punch it down. Knead again for sometime and make it smooth.
5. Now, spread the dough a little bit and then roll it out into round shape, on a dusted surface.
6. Put some cheese on its half side, leaving the edges. Add boiled sweet corn and chopped coriander. Also add some finely chopped garlic, mixed herbs and chilli flakes. Please do watch the video to see this step.
7. Now fold the dough and seal the edges properly. Add some chopped garlic and coriander in melted butter and spread this butter on the top side of the bread.
8. Sprinkle some mixed herbs and chilli flakes.
9. Make some cut marks on the top side of the bread. Do not cut the bread, just mark it lightly. Do watch the video for this step.
10. Pre-heat the oven at 185 °C for 10 min and bake the bread for about 20-24 min or until done.
11. Serve hot and enjoy.
I would love to hear from you if you try this Domino’s Style Garlic bread. Do mention it in my comments section how you liked it or if you made it in any other way. Also if you make this and share on social networking sites, remember to add #flavourhomebysutiksha and tag me there, so that even I can appreciate your efforts.
You can follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Mix to get my blog updates regularly. You can also SUBSCRIBE to my blog to get the new recipes directly in your inbox, “from my palate to yours”.