Table of Contents
Chocolate Cake is one of the most loved cakes by kids and adult, both. This recipe is of an Eggless Chocolate cake. And its a wholewheat cake , so health and taste together in this cake!
Chocolate cake is something that is made so frequently in my home. My kids totally love it and even I have a weakness for it. There are many type of chocolate cakes that I make.
This one is an eggless version of my quick cake recipe. It is a totally fuss free and very easy recipe. A one pot kind of recipe. Also the ingredients used are very basic. I am sure you all are just going to love this eggless chocolate cake, more so because it is a wholewheat cake too. Interesting right! Go on, read ahead 🙂
Chocolate is a food or ingredient made from cacao beans. It is extracted from the cacao beans and made into powder, liquid or block. This chocolate powder, liquid chocolate or chocolate block is used world-wide to make desserts, cakes, ice-creams, candies, pudding, Easter eggs, hot chocolate and in so many other food preparations as flavoring agent.
The chocolate in powder, liquid and block form has different compositions and thus used in different ways. It is generally added as a flavoring agent or as an ingredient in the dish or dessert. Chocolates are also considered as a great stress buster if consumed in pure form.
Chocolate in pure form has a considerable bitter taste, therefore in most of the chocolates forms as it is sold in the stores has added sugar content in it. Only in its pure form also known as dark chocolate, it has no added sugar in it.
Mostly, for cakes, I use cocoa powder to add the flavor of chocolate in it. Only when I am making a decadent and overloaded chocolate cake, do I add the dark chocolate in my cake batter too. It intensifies the flavor of chocolate and makes it sinfully amazing in taste. You will see both these options in this recipe.
Important points for Eggless Chocolate Cake
This eggless chocolate cake recipe is so easy that there actually aren’t many points or tips to be taken care of. Just a few things and you are done with this cake.
1.Flour – I have made this cake using refined flour (All purpose flour) and with whole wheat flour too. With both these flours it comes out great. So you can use any of these flours.
2. Sugar – I have used powdered sugar in this eggless chocolate cake recipe. It is easy to mix it in the batter. If you use sugar in crystal form, it is absolutely okay but you must ensure that before you move to next step, the sugar must be dissolved completely in the batter. You can also use brown sugar or any other organic sugar in place of the white sugar.
3. Buttermilk – I have used homemade buttermilk in this recipe. You can use a store bought buttermilk too. However, making it at home is also very easy. For 1 cup buttermilk, I used 1/2 cup dahi (curd) and 1/2 cup water. Mix them very well and you’ll get 1 cup buttermilk.
4. Oil – I have added refined oil in this recipe in just a very small quantity. You can replace it with olive oil or any other healthy option of oil. If you want to use butter in it, use it in melted but cooled form.
5. Vanilla Essence – I always add Vanilla essence in my chocolate cakes as it enhances the chocolate flavour in cake.
6. Cocoa Powder – Cocoa powder will give the final flavor of chocolate in this cake, so use a good one.
7. Eggless – This is an eggless cake and hence it is important to follow a proper mixing procedure for this cake. Before adding the baking powder and baking soda, you can mix or beat this cake batter really nicely. But once you have added these two leavening agents, never beat the batter. Just lightly fold it and mix well.
Some other important recipes from my blog and YouTube channel;
- Chiffon Cake / Best Sponge Cake recipe
- Rasmalai Cake / Fusion cake recipe
- White (APF) Bread recipe
- Garlic Knots Recipe
- Pizza Base Recipe
- Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Recipe Video of Eggless Chocolate Cake
I have made a quick video of this eggless chocolate cake, for a better understanding of the recipe. You can take a look and check all the important steps in just few minutes. Do Subscribe to my YouTube channel “flavourhome by Sutiksha” to get instant recipe updates, as soon as I upload them and also to support my efforts. If you like these videos, kindly like and share them with your family and friends.
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1 cup
- Refined Oil – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda – 2/3 tsp
- Baking Powder – 2/3 tsp
- Dark Chocolate – 1/3 cup (optional)
- Milk (warm) – 1/3 cup
- oil or butter for greasing
NOTE : 1.Mix dark chocolate in warm milk for enhanced flavour of chocolate. This is totally optional. You can use just the warm milk to adjust the consistency of the batter.
2. Take all the ingredients at the room temperature except the milk, which should be little warm if you are mixing the chocolate in it. If not, then use it at room temperature.
1.Take buttermilk and powdered sugar in a bowl. Mix them very well until sugar dissolves completely. Add in the refined oil and vanilla essence and give everything a nice stir.
2. Once the liquid ingredients are well mixed sieve in the dry ingredients directly in the bowl. Add whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Mix them lightly using cut and fold method only. Add in the chocolate milk or plain milk to adjust the consistency of the cake batter. Do check the cake batter consistency from the video recipe given above.
3. Pour the cake batter in a well greased baking pan and bake in the pre-heated oven at 185 °C for about 25-30 min or until done. I have baked it in my microwave convection mode so the time might vary as per your oven and its settings. Alternatively you can bake this cake on a gas top in a pan or pressure cooker. Do check the video for the detailed procedure to bake the cake on gas top. Once done, unmould the cake and let it cool completely before you slice it. Enjoy the eggless chocolate cake with a warm cup of coffee.
I would love to hear from you if you try this Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe. Do mention it in my comments section how you liked it or if you made any changes to it. Also if you bake this cake and share on social networking sites, remember to add #flavourhomebysutiksha and tag me there, so that even I can appreciate your efforts.
You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Mix to get my blog updates regularly. You can also SUBSCRIBE to my blog to get the new recipes directly in your inbox, “from my palate to yours”.