Table of Contents
Immunity Boosting Cookies are my recent trial with mixed flour. They are super crunchy and delicious beyond description.
I was trying my hands on mixed flour recipes for breads and cakes. They did come out good but I still have a few trials to do before I put them up here. Yes, I do try my recipes and until I get almost same results for 2-3 times, I do not put them up in my blog.
So, while trying other recipes, I thought of making some cookies too with the mixed flour and some spices which I use for the immunity boosting kadha, that I make at home these days for my kids. The cookies came out so aromatic and delicious that I couldn’t stop myself from putting them up here.
Why Immunity Boosting Cookies?
I could have easily named these Immunity Boosting cookies as mixed flour or atta cookies. But they have such a great taste of the spices in them, which constantly remind me of the kadha we make at home, that I had to call them as Immunity Boosting cookies.
These healthy cookies are a blessing in disguise for me. My younger one, does not at all like to drink the kadha. So, by adding some Kali Mirch (black pepper) and other spices in these cookies, it is easy for me to feed him these immunity boosting spices. Well, this in one of my many ‘Mommy Ideas’ to feed my kids good food in the way they like.
So, although these cookies were made just for trials, but they are a great food to include in my kids’ diet. And they enjoy it without a fuss.
Important Points for Immunity Boosting Cookies
1.Flour – I have used mixed flour for these cookies. Atta (wholewheat flour), besan (chickpea flour) and suji (semolina) are used to make these healthy cookies. You can use refined flour too if you wish, but for that some minor changes will have to be done in the quantity of Ghee (clarified butter).
2. Sugar – I have used powdered sugar in these cookies. The sugar is normal white sugar and I have powdered it at home only. I have left a few small sugar granules in it, as I like them to come in the crunch of the cookies. You can powder it finely, for a smooth texture. Also, you can easily replace this white sugar with brown sugar or any other organic sugar. Just remember to use it in the powder form only.
3. Fat – I have used desi ghee (clarified butter) in these cookies. It is my favorite when I am making something for my kids. Add the ghee in the flour in small batches. You may not use the complete quantity of ghee as mentioned in the ingredients. So use half the quantity of the ghee at first and then keep adding little by little as you need. You may use room temperature butter also as a substitute but the taste will differ strongly.
4. Spices – I have used some wonderful aromatic spices in this cookies recipe. The spices have lend such an aromatic delicious flavour to the cookies, that you can not resist them at all. I have added Cinnamon powder, Nutmeg Powder, Black Pepper powder and grated ginger. You may substitute ginger powder instead of grated ginger. All these spices are anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, with digestive benefits and improve blood health too. Do feel free to add in more spices in these cookies, if you wish to.
Some other interesting recipes of my YouTube channel and Blog;
- Chocolate Cookies in Kadai
- APF Bread (white Bread )
- Wholewheat Flour Bread
- Semolina Bread
- Garlic Bread
- Wholewheat Tutti-Frutti Biscuits
Recipe Video of Immunity Boosting Cookies
I have made a quick video of these Immunity Boosting Cookies for a better understanding of the recipe. You can take a look and check all the important steps in just 2 min. Do Subscribe my YouTube channel “flavourhome by Sutiksha” to get instant recipe updates, as soon as I upload them. Also if you like these videos, kindly like and share them with your family and friends.
- Whole wheat Flour (Atta ) – 1 cup
- Chick pea flour (besan) – 1/2 cup
- Semolina (suji) – 1/4 cup
- Desi Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Finely Grated Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
NOTE : You may change the quantities of the spices as per your taste.
1.Take wholewheat flour (atta), chickpea flour (besan) and semolina (suji) in a deep bowl. Add powdered sugar and all the spices in it. Mix everything nicely.
2. Add ghee to this dry flour mix. First add half of the total quantity of the ghee. Then mix thoroughly. Use hand to just mix. Do not knead the dough. Only mix it. Then add more ghee, as you require and make a supple cookie dough. Do check out the recipe video above for a better understanding of the cookie dough texture.
3. Now take small amount of the dough in your hand and make a small ball of it. Press it lightly. Do not make big sized cookies, as they will expand while baking. Make all cookies and keep them on a greased baking tray. Alternatively, you may also line the tray with parchment paper.
4. Bake the cookies in pre-heated oven at 170 degree Celsius for about 18-22 min or until done. The baking time might vary as per your oven settings.
5. Once they are done, cool them out on the tray only, for about 8-10 min. Then carefully transfer them on a cooling rack and let them cool off completely. Later, store them in an Air-tight box. Enjoy these yummy cookies with tea or coffee.
I would love to hear from you if you try this recipe of Immunity Boosting cookies. Do mention it in my comments section how you liked it or if you made it in any other way. Also if you make this and share on social networking sites, remember to add #flavourhomebysutiksha and tag me there. I would be glad to see and appreciate your efforts.
You can follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Mix to get my blog updates regularly. You can also SUBSCRIBE to my blog to get the new recipes directly in your inbox, “from my palate to yours”.