Mango cake is a soft, moist and flavorful cake. This mango cake recipe is very easy to follow and is a one pot cake recipe.
Mangoes are in the season. Even without season they are a regularly bought fruit in my home. The aroma of a well-ripe mango and the utterly sweet taste of it, is so difficult to resist, and hence, its a favorite of everyone in my family. In summer season in India, we get them fresh and in so many different varieties. Each variety of mango, has a different shape, size and unique taste. For this Eggless Mango cake recipe, you can choose any variety of mango.
This Mango Cake…
This mango cake is
✔bursting of mango flavor
✔easy to make
✔quick one pot recipe
This is the laziest ever cake recipe that you would have come across. I call it the laziest recipe because you don’t have to do much in this recipe. It does not need any big preparation. You just mix all the ingredients and bake the cake. Isn’t it so apt for these hot summer days, when you don’t feel like doing much?!! Just grab all the ingredients, mix them and bake….and hey, the mango cake is ready. What could be easier than this!!
Important points for mango cake
- You can use any variety of mango for making the mango pulp. If the mango pulp is fibrous, just strain it through a sieve.
- Its best to make the mango pulp, using the sugar. This way the sugar gets dissolved faster and you don’t need to add any sugar in the batter.
- It is an eggless mango cake recipe, so you definitely need the leavening agents. Hence, the baking powder and baking soda are must for this recipe.
- You can not replace baking powder for baking soda. You will need both for this cake recipe.
- I have used cooking oil in this recipe. You can replace it with olive oil or butter.
- I have made this mango cake with refined flour. You can make it with whole wheat flour too. Just reduce the flour quantity by 2 tbsp.
- This mango cake has been baked in an oven. You can bake it easily in a kadai also. For baking in a kadai, click here to check the procedure.
Some other interesting recipes;
|1. Dhokla | Soft and spongy | Instant Dhokla recipe|
2. Eggless brownie
3. Karachi biscuits
4. Ice Cream Recipe, Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
5. Perfect Chocolate ice cream. How to make chocolate ice cream (03 Ingredients)
Recipe video of Mango cake
- Mango pulp – 1 cup (add 1/2 cup sugar while making mango pulp)
- Maida (refined flour) – 1.5 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 2/3 tsp
- Cooking oil – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp (or 1/2 tsp cardamom powder)
1. Make mango pulp with sugar. I took 1 big mango and 1/2 cup sugar to make mango pulp. Take mango pulp in a bowl.
2. Add cooking oil to it. You may use olive oil in place of cooking oil. Mix them nicely.
3. Add vanilla essence. You can use cardamom powder also in place of vanilla essence. Mix all.
4. Sieve maida (refined flour), baking powder and baking soda in this mango and oil mixture.
5. Mix these dry ingredients lightly into the wet ingredients. Use cut and fold method to mix. Do not over mix the ingredients or else the mango cake will not rise properly, and will become flat while baking.
6. Check the consistency of the batter. It is very important, as the batter should not be very runny or have ribbon like consistency. It should hold on to the spatula for sometime and then fall together.
7. Grease a baking tin.
8. Put the batter in the baking tin. Smooth the top of the batter with spatula.
9. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 185 degrees for about 40 min or until done. You can also bake it in a kadai very easily.
10. Put a knife inside it, if it comes out, clean then the cake is done.
11. Let it cool down on its own for about 15- 20 min before you unmould it. Then let it sit at the room temperature for about 4-5 hours to set properly.
12. Cut the slices of the mango cake and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
I have tried baking this mango cake with whole wheat flour. It does come out very good as a dense and moist mango cake. I regularly post my culinary experiments and food stories on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. You can follow me there to get all the updates regularly, “from my palate to yours”.
Also do leave your valuable comments and suggestions in the comments box below this post. I would be glad to help you, if you have any query.