Table of Contents
Pan Pizza is the easiest Pizza that you can make at home. It is made in a pan, without using any yeast and also without kneading the dough. How easy right! And not only that, it gets cooked in just 5 minutes.
Pizza is that one dish which is now a favorite food/ dish of almost all of the people in the world. It is quite popular in India also. Not only kids but the adults too like it equally.
Pizza needs no introduction. So I am not going to talk about what is a Pizza, instead I would talk a little about how a Pizza was invented. And if you are interested in a Homemade Pizza base recipe which you can make and store for few days for making pizzas anytime you want, then I have a very simple beginner’s recipe for Pizza dough in my blog. You can check out that recipe from the link above.
As we all know, Pizza (or pittsa as it should be pronounced) has originated from Italy. The famous Margherita Pizza was first made by Raffaele Esposito for the queen Margherita. The queen liked the pizza with toppings of three colors red, green and white resembling the color of the Italian flag and hence that pizza was named after the queen as Pizza Margherita.
Pizza travelled all over the world courtesy the Italian immigrants. And then in different countries different type of toppings were added to suit the local flavours of those places. That is why we have paneer tikka and chicken tikka pizza toppings here in India!
Why Pan Pizza?
Pan Pizza is just a normal pizza made in a pan. Now why would anyone want to make a pizza in pan. Pretty simple, not everyone has an oven or because it is just so very easy and quick to make pizza in a pan.
Now the pizza recipe that I am sharing here is very simple and probably the easiest recipe ever. Believe me when I say that this is our family favorite now and my kids fight for the last bite of it. Do make it once and you won’t ever like to order pizza from outside.
Also who wouldn’t want to make hygienic and tastiest pizzas at home, where you can just mix and match any topping of your choice. Yes, the option of making pizza with your favorite toppings is another good reason to try out this recipe now! And with this pan pizza recipe I am going to give you a quick pizza sauce recipe too, so what are you waiting for!
What goes in a Pan Pizza?
This recipe of pan pizza is easy and so the ingredients it uses are pretty much basic and easy to find. I am sure you all would have these ingredients lying in your kitchen pantry right now.
So for this no yeast, no oven and no knead pan pizza recipe you will need flour, oil, salt, leavening agents, curd/ yoghurt, cheese, toppings of your choice and some spices..
To make this pan pizza you need to have a pan in your kitchen. Soooooo, do you have it! I am sure you do.
Important Points for Pan Pizza
1. Flour – For this pizza we will use refined flour. You may mix whole wheat flour in equal quantity with refined flour.
2. Oil – Oil is required in very less quantity for this recipe so you can take any refined oil for it.
3. Leavening Agents – As it is a no yeast recipe we will need both baking soda and baking powder for this recipe. Just make sure that they are active and not over the expired date before you use them.
4. Curd – Curd is required to make the baking soda active. So any type of curd will do, sour, less sour, full fat milk curd or low fat milk curd, just any type.
5. Cheese – I have used two types of cheese here, processed and mozzarella. If you don’t have mozzarella cheese its absolutely fine. you can make this pan pizza with only processed cheese also.
6. Toppings – For toppings you can take literally anything that you would like to put on your pizza. My lil one once demanded pine apple on his pizza. So fresh green vegetables, chicken, corn, paneer (cottage cheese) etc. just pick anything.
7. Pizza Sauce – For pizza sauce you will need tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt and spices. it’s an easy peasy quick pizza sauce that I will explain below and in the video also.
Some other important recipes from my blog and YouTube channel;
- Ladi Pav / Dinner Bread recipe
- Easy 5 Minutes Dessert recipe
- Kulcha Bakery Style Bread Recipe
- Eggless Fudgy Brownie recipe
- Semolina Bread, Beginner’s recipe
- Moong Dal Halwa (Lentil Sweet) Recipe
Recipe Video of Pan Pizza
I have made a quick video of this Thin Crust Pan Pizza, for a better understanding of this recipe. You can take a look and check all the important steps in just few minutes. Do Subscribe to my YouTube channel “flavourhome by Sutiksha” and press the BELL icon too, so that you get instant recipe updates, as soon as I upload them and also to support my efforts. If you like these videos, kindly like and share them with your family and friends and COMMENT under the video or in blog to let me know.
- Refined flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curd – 3 tbsp
- Tomatoes – 4
- Garlic – 8-10 (chopped)
- Onion (for sauce) – 1 , finely chopped
- Sugar – 1 tsp for sauce
- Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water as required
- Processed cheese as required
- Mozzarella cheese as required
- Capsicum, Onion, Tomato, Corns as required for topping
- Oil as required
- Salt, Oregano and Chili flakes as per taste.
Take flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients. Add curd and mix it with flour. The dough should be sticky and you don’t have to knead it. Just mix it nicely and leave it covered for some time.
By the time the dough is resting, we will quickly make the pizza sauce. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and saute chopped garlic for 30-40 seconds. Add onions and saute them also for 30 seconds. Then add tomatoes paste, sugar, black pepper powder and salt. Cook till tomato paste is dried up. Add little oregano and chili flakes. Keep aside for further use.
Cut the vegetables in your choice of size. Yes, it is an easy recipe and can be totally customized as per your liking. Now heat 1 tbsp oil in the pan and saute these vegies for about a minute on high. Add salt and keep aside.
Now check the dough. Dust your kitchen top and hands with flour. Take out the dough and divide in two portions. Now either roll out the dough into a circular shaped pizza base using your hands or you can use the rolling pin to roll it out. Make sure to roll it out thin and keep the edges just a little thick.
Now heat the pan and put this pizza base on it. Keep the pan on low heat and cook the pizza base until little firm (check out the video ). Now take it out and spread the pizza sauce on the first side which we cooked a little.
Then add the grated cheese, vegetable toppings and some more cheese on the top. Put the pizza back in the pan on low heat. Brush some oil on the edges of the pizza base. Cover the pan and just in few minutes the pan pizza will be ready.
I would love to hear from you if you try out this Pan Pizza recipe with thin crust. Do mention about it in my comments section how you liked it or what kind of toppings you used for it. Also if you make it and share its pics on social networking sites, remember to add #flavourhomebysutiksha and tag me there, so that even I can appreciate your efforts. I would love to see how it turned out.
You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to get my blog updates regularly. You can also SUBSCRIBE to my blog to get the new recipes directly in your inbox, “from my palate to yours”.