This strawberry Ice cream is just 3 ingredients ice cream recipe and is made without an Ice cream maker. It is a quick recipe and can be made in just few minutes and then freeze till set.
Ice creams are my favorite. I mean who doesn’t like to beat the summer heat with cool and fresh flavors of ice creams. The amazing mix of, sweet and tangy taste with the freshness of strawberries, is what makes the strawberry ice cream a great hit in my home. I like to add in the fresh strawberry puree when I make this ice cream but a couple of times, I have used strawberry crush too, and that also goes very well in making strawberry ice cream.
This Strawberry Ice cream recipe is the best you can get. Its super creamy and fresh flavored. It is made with just 3 ingredients and does not require churning or need an Ice cream maker. What could be easier than this!!
So, Let’s get started !!
Before we get about making the strawberry ice cream, I would really like to talk about Ice Cream in general. Ice cream basically as the name suggests, is an iced cream. Cream or milk is generally used to make Ice cream, which is sweetened with sugar or some alternative of it and then flavored with different spices and fruits to make different flavors of ice cream. Ice cream is a frozen dessert.
We all have been eating these frozen desserts since our childhood. The Ice creams sold in India in olden times, were different. The Ice cream plants were limited only to the big cities and Ice cream made in these plants were not easily available in the small towns or villages. I still remember that ‘Ice cream wala’, who would come to my nani home, selling Ice creams made with pure, evaporated milk. Those Ice creams were made with natural ingredients and had no stabilizers. These are some of the best memories of my childhood summers.
Now, my kids enjoy this delicacy, whenever and wherever they want. But ever since I have been making them at home, they are in for a treat every other day in summers. And the best part of homemade ice creams is you can play with the flavors of your choice and still keep it hygienic.
Now these are Lockdown times. It has been 6 months that we have been out somewhere. And in these trying times, or should I say the ‘new normal’ of today’s scenario, I have made pretty much everything at home, Ice creams also. So with this simple and easy Strawberry ice cream recipe, even you will not miss the little treats of summer months.
Strawberry for strawberry Ice cream!!
Off course we all know, that we will need strawberries for strawberry ice cream. But do you know, how to use it in the ice cream. Well that’s no rocket science and also that’s why I am writing this blog, right! So let’s just get to the work.
Fresh strawberries – We can use fresh strawberries for strawberry ice cream. Just wash them nicely, dry with a kitchen towel and make a paste of them in a blender. You can choose to keep the paste chunky, if you like strawberry pieces in the ice cream. I like to make a smooth paste, as pieces of strawberry in the ice cream become very cold and frozen when eaten after its set.
Strawberry crush – Here you can go little easy also. If you are making strawberry ice cream when you do not have fresh berries then you can easily use a strawberry crush and make this ice cream. Strawberry crush is easily available in the stores and online too. This does make it further easier to make this ice cream.
Some other interesting recipes;
- Delicious Mango Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cookies
- Karachi Biscuits, Tutty-frutty cookies
- Dahi vada, Dahi Bhalle recipe
- Easy Malpua Recipe, Indian Semolina Pancakes
- Chocolate Ice cream Recipe
Process of Strawberry Ice cream
There’s basically a simple process in making 3 ingredient strawberry ice cream or for that matter any ice cream, when making with cream.
Whipping Cream – For this ice cream recipe, I have taken whipping cream, which is sometimes also called as double cream. It is easily available in the stores everywhere and online also. Whipping cream is whipped to the stiff peaks and then other ingredients are added to it. Sounds simple, right! Well, it sure is!!
Fresh cream – I do understand that there are some places where getting whipping cream is not an easy task. And specially now, in the lock down times, when only essentials are available, we definitely need some alternatives. So, I have tried making this Ice cream with normal fresh cream available in the market. It is not a great substitute, but can be used if you follow the correct procedure. Do let me know in the comments sections, if you all want to know how can we use fresh cream for making ice creams at home. I will share a new, detailed and separate blog post for that.
Recipe Video of Strawberry ice cream
- Whipping cream – 1 cup (keep it out of the fridge 1/2 hour before using)
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Strawberry crush – 1/2 cup
1.Take whipping cream in a bowl. Keep the bowl and whipping attachments of your hand blender in the fridge half an hour before you start whipping the cream. Also take out the cream from freezer, half an hour before you start whipping it.
2. Start whipping the cream with hand blender, using whipping attachments. We have to whip the cream to stiff peaks. It should take you about 5-10 min to get stiff peaks. You can also use a hand whisk but using that would require a great upper arm muscle power. When the cream is whipped to stiff peaks, then you can check it by inverting your bowl. If the cream has been whipped correctly, it should not fall out.
3. Once the cream is whipped nicely, add in the condensed milk. Mix it lightly with the whipped cream.
4. Add in the strawberry crush and mix everything nicely. Be careful not to let the air escape out of the whipped cream while mixing everything.
5. Add 2-3 drops of red color, if you wish to increase the color in your ice cream. It is totally optional.
6. Pour this strawberry ice cream mix in the tin for setting it in the fridge. Smooth the top of it and freeze. You can use aluminium tin for freezing ice cream or some other air tight containers too. It is best to use bowls or tin with proper lids for freezing ice cream. That helps avoid ice crystals in the ice cream.
7. Freeze ice cream overnight or for atleast 6-8 hours.
This is an amazing and super easy recipe for making strawberry ice cream. It does not need any fancy equipment and gets done quickly. If you all need to know how to use fresh cream for making home made ice cream, then do write to me in the comment box.